Pediatric Telephone Triage Nurse
• Pediatric experience and telephone triage experience preferred but not mandatory
• Minimum of 3 years for LPN and 5 years for MA in direct patient care, preferably in an ambulatory care or out-patient setting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Computer skills and experience with an EHR.
Phone Triage position job duties include:
• Provide nurse advice to parents using Barton-Schmidt Protocol, other computerized clinical decision-making tools (Clear Triage), and as directed by physicians
• Candidates must be able to determine urgency of seeing the patient based on a brief assessment after acquiring the necessary knowledge of the patient's condition and history
• One should possess the ability to triage for appropriate medical care and provide instruction to parents as directed by the physicians
• Phone encounters should be documented and relayed to physicians in a clear and timely manner
• Other duties include making appointments and processing medication refill requests.
• Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
• Pay: From $19.00 per hour based on experience and education/certifications.
Kids Health First is an Association of 38 Pediatric Practices located in the Atlanta and surrounding areas. Initial candidate screenings are conducted by our recruiter. All interviews and final decisions are made by the pediatric practices, based on their current individual needs and hiring processes. Salary and benefits are determined by the individual practices.