Pediatric Telephone Triage Nurse
• Pediatric experience and telephone triage experience preferred but not mandatory
• Minimum of 3 years for LPN and 5 years for MA in direct patient care, preferably in an ambulatory care or out-patient setting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Computer skills and experience with an EHR.
Phone Triage position job duties include:
• Provide nurse advice to parents using Barton-Schmidt Protocol, other computerized clinical decision-making tools (Clear Triage), and as directed by physicians
• Candidates must be able to determine urgency of seeing the patient based on a brief assessment after acquiring the necessary knowledge of the patient's condition and history
• One should possess the ability to triage for appropriate medical care and provide instruction to parents as directed by the physicians
• Phone encounters should be documented and relayed to physicians in a clear and timely manner
• Other duties include making appointments and processing medication refill requests.
• Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
• Pay: From $19.00 per hour based on experience and education/certifications.